YSHIELD® DRY54 | Special shielding paint | Powder for 1 liter
Special paint with a focus on long storage suitability. Delivered in powder form without preservative agents. Up to 84 dB at 40 GHz.
Content: 1 liter
Weight: 600 g
ID: 547 / 1526
Packaging: 300x200x30 mm
As shielding paint for rooms and buildings
Shielding paint for shielding high-frequency radiation (HF) and low-frequency electric fields (LF). Breathable, plasticizer-free, low-emission and without a preservation agent.
Special paint with a focus on long storage suitability. Delivered in powder form without preservative agents. Shields up to 84 dB at 40 GHz. Shielding attenuation is not as good as with the other paints. Adhesive tensile strength, abrasion resistance and film hardness are also not as good as with the other paints. But: this paint has less packaging waste, lower international shipping costs and a phenomenal price-performance ratio. This paint is coarsely pigmented and low viscous, easy to process and forms an even film.
We first produced a powder paint in 2003, but liquid paints become the established ones. The reason for this was the low performance of an electric screwdriver which was not sufficient for the ingredients that needed to be dispersed – in our production we need more than 100,000 Watt for a professional result. After a longer development time we have now found the perfect formula for powdered shielding paints.
Special characteristics DRY54:
- This powder shielding paint stays nearly as liquid as water while mixing – the dust formation is extremely limited, as the powder blends immediately with the water. The paint becomes thicker after 15 minutes resting time – it can be perfectly painted with afterwards and you will get a nice flow for an even shielding.
- The phenomenal price-performance-ratio is achieved, as the DRY54 only costs half as much as our liquid paints. That is why you can paint two times for the same costs.
- The powder gets bagged and then vacuum-packed three times. Vacuum-packed into one another, using three bags – that is why no moisture will get into the powder, even years later.
- The powder needs to be mixed with water - what you will need to do so: Digital scales, protective mask, safety glasses, our paint stirrer AR42, a bucket for mixing, a drilling machine (electric screwdriver) and 15-30 minutes of your time.
General advantages of powder paints:
- Has a very long shelf life without water
- No preservatives necessary
- Reduced risk of frost damages
- 50-80 % less plastic waste
- Less delivery costs (up to 60 %)
- More security during transit in case of packaging damages
- Small partial quantities can be taken out of the bag for necessary repair works
At a yield of 4 sqm/l:
At 1 GHz: Single layer 36 dB | Double layer 41 dB | Three layer 46 dB
At a yield of 8 sqm/l:
At 1 GHz: Single layer 30 dB | Double layer 36 dB | Three layer 40 dB
Must be grounded! We recommend interior the grounding strap GSX plus grounding plate GS / GF, exterior the fiber additive AF3 plus the grounding plate GF4.
This product is delivered as a powder and thus frost resistant.
Untreated natural graphite, carbon black, pure acrylics powder, additives, no preservative agent.
Please find all technical data and the application details in our technical data sheet.
Ready for 5G
As we keep on developing our paints, they now have an almost linear shielding attenuation for a very large frequency range. This frequency range has already been including both 5G frequency spectrums for quite some time: FR1 (600 MHz - 6 GHz) and FR2 (24 GHz - 40 GHz).
Safety up to 40 GHz
We already invested in our own professional EMV laboratory many years ago, as external laboratories and experts could no longer fulfil our increasing expectation to a 140 dB measuring dynamics and 40 GHz. We not only issue our own shielding reports therein but also check each and every batch for your security on a daily basis. You receive measuring curves and laboratory reports up to 40 GHz with each of our shielding products, by which we bindingly guarantee the shielding effectiveness.
Our shielding paints are developed in accordance with strict ecological criteria. We use, for example, the carbon black with the lowest emission possible on the market and untreated natural graphite. We consciously do not use graphene, a nanomaterial where the hazard potential is still completely unknown.