YSHIELD® STEEL-GRAY | Shielding fabric | Width 150 cm | 1 meter
Opaque cotton-/stainless steel fabric as curtain, for handy bags, clothing, etc. Cheap, durable, up to 60°C washable. Gray. 42 dB. Width 150 cm.
Content: 1.5 square meter
Weight: 180 g
ID: 191 / 1122
Packaging: 350x210x10 mm
STEEL-GRAY is a compact cotton/polyester/stainless-steel fabric for HF+LF shielding. Typical application as curtain, floor mat, blanket, to incorporate in furniture (beds), room dividers, or with reservations as low priced clothing or bedding.
Important: For clothing the steel threads aren´t as soft on the skin as of silver fabrics, it feels like a scratchy woolen sweater. Tip: Wear a pyjama in bedding or a sleeping bag made from Steel-Gray, then nothing scratches! Or use it as under-bedding.
- Good screening attenuation, even at high frequencies!
- Excellent cost/performance ratio
- Contactable (groundable) to shield LF electric fields
- Textile characteristics: Washable, easy to iron and process
- Quality grade: Very high
- Width: 150 cm, +/- 2 cm
- Length: Available by the meter
- Attenuation: 42 dB, two-layer 57 dB
- Color: Gray
- Raw materials: 40 % cotton, 30 % polyester, 30 % stainless steel
- Weight: 120 g/m²
- Dimension stability: +/- 3 %
- Surface conductivity: 100-800 ohm (square resistance)
- Washing up to 60°C
- Iron without steam at degree 1
- Drying at low temperature
- No bleaching
- No chemical dry-cleaning
- Wash only with our special washing detergent TEXCARE, without enzymes or bleaching agents
This product with an electrically conductive surface has to be integrated into the functional-equipotential bonding (FEB). Please find suitable grounding accessories under "Grounding".
Shielding attenuation HF & LF
This product shields high frequency electromagnetic fields (HF). Unless otherwise stated, the indicated dB-values apply to 1 GHz. Measurement from 600 MHz to 40 GHz according to standards ASTM D4935-10 or IEEE Std 299-2006.
This product with an electrically conductive surface shields low-frequency alternating electric fields (LF).
Laboratory & expert report of shielding attenuation up to 40 GHz
We have already invested in our own professional EMV laboratory years ago. We not only use it to create our laboratory screening reports but also to check each batch daily. Additionally, we have all our products checked by an independent, well-respected expert. Double checked for twice the safety. Please find the reports above at the downloads.
Ready for 5G
Some companies offer "special" 5G-products. This products shields all 5G-frequencies, even without advertising this! Find two gray bars in all shielding diagrams with the 5G frequency spectrums FR1 (600 MHz – 6GHz) and FR2 (24 GHz – 40 GHz).