Comfort NA7 | Demand Switch with VDE mark
Our top-selling demand switch with VDE mark. Very low residual ripple of 4 mV (perfect for electrosensitive persons), nominal capacity 16 A, LED-function diagnosis.
Content: 1 piece
Weight: 215 g
ID: 275 / 1220
Packaging: 160x110x60 mm
Our top-selling Demand Switch with VDE mark.
- Innovation: Various granted and pending patents are an impressive proof of our technical superiority in comparison with the state-of-the-art compared with other devices on the market.
- Safety: The Demand Switch NA7 comfort was the first "decoupler" ever to be certified the VDE (the Association for Electrical, Electronic & Information Technologies) certificate for fulfilling the severe safety regulations. VDE identification number: 40000677.
- Practical efficiency: The Gigahertz Solutions Demand Switches have been installed by many experienced electrical engineering technicians for many years. They are on the recommendation lists of renowned building biologists and are in use in thousands of households every day.
- Nominal voltage / capacity: 230 VAC +/- 10 %, 16 Amp., 2300 watt filament lamp load.
- Mechanical durability of the relay: approx. 15.000.000 operating cycles.
- Residual ripple (nominal/typical/maximum): < 2 mV / < 4 mV / < 8 mV.
- Monitoring voltage: Building biology compatible DC voltage (max. 8mA / 230 VDC).
- Single-poled disconnection for optimum operator protection. A minimum residual ripple is quaranteed by a low resistance PTC connection to the terminal "neutral".
- Warranty: 2 years.
- Included in delivery: Demand Switch, control lamp, detailed instructions manual.
How a demand switch works
Electricity has become indispensable for every day life. The use of electricity inevitably causes alternating electrical and magnetic fields. The effect of these electrical and magnetic fields on the human oraganism has been the subject-matter of many international studies with some concerning results. At present, the "safe" levels of electric and magnetic fields are still to be determined, but it is now agreed by many doctors and scientists that the levels should be reduced on the principle of ALARA (As Low As Reasonably Achievable). Magnetic fields should be measured and any wiring faults corrected. Electric fields can only be reduced by using electrically screened cables or using a "Demand Switch" whichremove the high (230 volt) supply when there is no load on the circuit that needs power. This is particularly useful at night-time.
A reliable demand switch optimised according to building biology criteria can substantially reduce your daily exposure without your being inconvenienced. It is for this reason that many experts recommend the decoupling from the mains (often also called "isolation") as a first and important technical step to be implemented when reducing alternating electrical and magnetic fields.